Monday 24 January 2011

Portfolio Surgery 2*

Andy Lodge

Creative director at Brass Agency, a digital marketing company. Very similar to 26Digital whom I had my placement with.
This time i was much better prepared, having the time to create my portfolio, getting around the problem of losing all my work.
Heres just a short example of their branding design...


Along with my portfolio, noted some new pointers and questions...

. Issue of format, black folder or publication.
. Organisation of work
. Put forward my ideas of contacting and sending my work

The session was really positive and helpful. Making certain pointers on my portfolio, concerning organisation / layout.
Issues that were raised about the 'folio...

. Definitely have the publication, (this changing the layout a lot)
. Stationary set for the record label. Set out in a more clean style to fit with the Iphone and Mac images.
. Photograph more products in specific contexts, - Snowbombing editorial on train seat (notorious fabric pattern)
. Show DJ identity's with more emphasis, even including description to show that the identities are well thought out and not just design for the sake of design.
. Idea for a new brief, change the format of snowboard packaging - A4 Sticker.

All in all, very helpful and has given me a lot to work with and also think about and consider.
I've e-mailed Andy, asking if i can send him my portfolio once I get it to a more final state, basically being the publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment