Saturday 9 October 2010

Design Strategy: Feedback

Open publication - Free publishing - More graphic

Got my feedback for my presentation (Above). Overall Pretty good.

Positives:

. Organisation of material was simple & effective
I didn't want to just read off the screen so left it very clean and minimal.

. Clarity of delivery was concise & articulate.
Im quite a confident person so speaking aloud isn't an issue but at times I feel I don't get my opinions across as clear as I want muddling words and what not, so to be marked down as articulate is pleasing.

Things to work on:

.Level of analysis was ok but could be more active & critical.
I dont know whether this is aimed at my work I showed or general context stuff, I think the active point is directed at whether I am networking / researching into the work / areas of work I see myself in. Something I've been picking up more on since starting back.

.Personal reflection was vague at times, but perceptive at other
This will have to be discussed with Fred I think as I'm not to sure what exactly I've been vague about.

Additional Outcomes:

.I will need new approaches & broader content in terms of my focussed outcomes.
I think this is a valid point, Fred roughly said that if im serious about designing for snowboarding I need to be on top of my game, and more importantly not just produce stuff thats already been done. Need something new, need something to stand out from the crowd.

Thats what I want to keep in mind with all my briefs, not just creating bog standard stuff, even if it does look aesthetically pleasing and is functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment